Dr. Farrell named Educator of the Year; State of the Schools highlights successes
Update on Milford Main; no plans w/funding have been offered
District seeking plans for Milford Main; cost to renovate at least $7 million
Welcome to Josh Kauffman, new MHS Principal!
Class rank regulation changing beginning next year
St. Andrew’s Invention Convention showcases young ingenuity
Athletic Update March 2015
Extracurricular Update March 2015
Here are the highlights from the 3/19/15 school board meeting:
- District financials continue to be on track. As we near the end of the year, we are coming in slightly under budget.
- Treasurer Debbie Caudle received a perfect audit from the State of Ohio for the second year in a row! A huge accomplishment, demonstrating the exceptional level of care she & her staff take with District finances. Congrats, Debbie & Staff!
- The 2015-16 calendar was revised to add an additional Professional Development day. This day was removed this year due to uncertainty about testing needs. Now that we are through the initial ramp-up for testing, we are adding this day back. February 16, 2016 is now a day off for students and a PD day for staff. To make up for this day off, the last day of school for students becomes Thursday, May 26. In addition, three Teacher Make-Up days were added at the end of the year (May 31, June 1, 2) in case we have more than the five snow days built in to the calendar.
- Construction continues on schedule, with groundbreaking scheduled for this spring. Two bid packages are still out, so no update was provided on bid results.
- The book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (author of Seabiscuit) was added to summer reading for seniors. This is a long-standing best-seller about the extraordinary odyssey of an Army Air Force lieutenant in the Second World War. Other MHS summer reading requirements stay the same – View the HS Summer Reading List here.