It was fairly quiet at the October school board meeting. Below are highlights:
- A public hearing was held to consider the proposed 2017-2018 school year calendar. This calendar will be voted on at the next meeting. If you have input, please send it to me or Superintendent Nancy House. In the next few months, we will also be approving the 2018-2019 school year calendar.
- The board approved the latest five-year forecast, which must be filed with the state by the end of each October.
- Board member Dave Yockey was appointed for a 3-year term to serve on the Great Oaks Career Campuses Governing Board.
- The board approved a resolution authorizing the sale of Milford South at public auction. The auction date is TBD following the required advertising of the sale.
- The 1:1 Digital Learning Program started at the 7th grade level this year is going well. Students are using their devices to collaborate and communicate to a great extent. Students say that since everyone has a device, it is easier to work together not only during school, but also at home to complete collaborative projects and homework. A little over 40% of students bring devices they provided; the balance have purchased ChromeBooks through the District program.