Here are the highlights of the 12/13/18 school board meeting:
- The board recognized the senior football players and coach Tom Grippa. These athletes had another tremendous year – congrats to all on not only your team accomplishments but on exemplifying sportsmanship and character!
- The district’s finances continue to be on track for the year.
- Full Day Tuition Kindergarten will be continued for the 2019-2020 school year. Tuition will remain $3,000/year and is reduced accordingly for families meeting criteria for the federal free and reduced lunch program.
- Our monthly video presentation was on the Hope Squad, a school-based peer-to-peer suicide prevention program. Hope Squad members are students who are trained how to recognize warning signs of depression and suicide in their peers, and in how to talk with these students, providing support and the encouragement to get help. In this first year at MHS, Squad members already report they have been able to support several students. View the video here.
- Videos are developed each month on topics ranging from innovative curriculum approaches to work readiness, from pre-school to high school. Videos are posted on YouTube; please check the page and subscribe to be notified about newly-available videos.
- The board’s annual organizational meeting will be held Thursday, January 10, 2019, at 5 pm in the Milford Schools Administrative Offices – Board Conference Room. The first regular meeting of 2019 is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, January 17, 2019, 7 pm, in the Board Conference Room. The meeting schedule for 2019 will be posted on the website once it is approved by the board on January 10.