Here are highlights from the 3/16/17 school board meeting:
- The board hired Mr. Paul Daniels, currently principal at Withrow University High School, as Director of Secondary Curriculum and Instruction, effective August 1.
- The district will once again provide Miami Township Recreation Department with bus service for summer camps through our agreement with Petermann. The full cost is reimbursed by the Township, but this agreement allows them to use bus service at a significantly less expensive rate.
- The board approved a resolution to open bidding to replace the high school track.
- The board approved a contract to replace the concrete bleachers at Eagle Stadium on the current visitor side. This will become the home side until the full master plan is complete, when the home side will move back over to where it is now. See this article for more details.
- The board approved SHP as the Architect and Engineer for renovations to the Dr. Robert B. Farrell Administrative Office building. This is the current library building, which will be re-vamped into MEVSD admin offices once the library moves to its new home on Buckwheat next year.
- The board approved an easement for Miami Township to build a sidewalk in front of the junior high. The sidewalk will extend all the way up Wolfpen Pleasant to Pinebrook.